Hello everyone, Welcome at Techkws once again. We are here with another post about cool Instagram tips. In our daily life, we do use Instagram but there are many Instagram tips and also tricks are available there. Which all are unaware of many people. So in this post, we will deal with Instagram tips and tricks of 2017. Instagram is an easy social media to hang on to but there are many other tools and options other than posting a video and photos that many of you might not have noticed yet. Here are the 6 Instagram tools that you might haven’t noticed yet.
Instagram Tips & Tricks 2017
Remove your tagged photos from Instagram
Tagged photos can sometimes bring you a lot of trouble as you are totally unaware of it. So, before anyone sees your tagged photos, it is better to remove it. Therefore, to remove the tag, here’s what you need to do,
- You can see all your tagged Instagram pictures in “Photos of You” segment in your profile.
- Go to your profile and select the “Photos of You” icon and open the photo in which you want to remove your tag.
- Once you open the photo, you can see an options icon as shown in the image below. Tap on it and select “photo option” where you can hide the picture from your profile but if you want to remove the tag, then tap on “Remove Me from Photo” from “more option”.
- You can select the photos that you want to be tagged or not. For this tap on “setting” icon on the top right corner of “Photo of You” and select the option “Add Manually”
- With this, you can simply remove your tagged pictures that you don’t like and don’t want to show to other or keep in your profile.
After posting your photo or video on Instagram, you might want to add or forgot to add a caption with hashtags. You can add hashtags to your Instagram photos and videos anytime.
- Go to your Instagram profile and select the photo or video in which you want to add hashtags (hashtags in the caption).
- Open the photo or video and tap on options icon right below your picture.
- Select “edit” option where you cannot only add your caption but also add location and tag your friends.
- Or else, if you don’t want to waste further time in above steps, you can add hashtags in the comment section as well.
Instagram photos and videos can be shared with other social medias like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr which can be shared and post directly at the time of uploading. But if you forgot or want to share your old Instagram pictures in your other social media profile then here’s what you need to do,
- Go to your Instagram Login profile and to enter on your profile tap on profile icon on the bottom right corner of your phone screen.
- Open your photo or video you want to share and tap on the options icon button right below your image or video.
- Select “share” option and tap the social media to select on which you want to share.
- You can even change your photo caption if you want to before you hit the button “share” on top right corner. (this will make different caption on Instagram and other social network profile)
Turn Off Video Pre-load in Instagram
When you scroll through your feed and come across a video, the video automatically plays. This happens as Instagram loads the videos in advance for faster streaming. If you don’t want videos playing straight away, set it to preload only when connected to WiFi.
First, go to your Instagram profile, which is located at the bottom on the far right. Select the Settings option, which is a vertical three dots button for Android or a gear icon for iPhone on the top right corner. Scroll to Preload and choose between Always or Only on WiFi.
Geotag retrieves the GPS data from your phone then saves the location of the photos you took to give each snapshot a location info. This photo will then show up in your ‘Photo Map’. If you want to remove any photos from your map, first go to your Photo Map in Instagram, then tap on ‘Edit’ (located at the top right) to select which photos you want the geotags to be removed from.
Note: Removing a geotag is permanent. Moreover, if you don’t want any photos to appear on your Photo Map, you can choose “not to add the location at all”, during the review process while removing geotag.
Send Photos To Selected People in Instagram
If you have photos that you do not want to post on Instagram Feed, you can share it with a selected few friends with Direct. This feature lets you allow to share the photo with up to 15 people, and they can comment on the photo like normal. Photos / Videos shared this way will not turn up in search, and can be deleted.
To use Instagram Direct, choose Direct when you’re at the Share To’ page. It is located at the top next to Followers, so don’t get confused. Then select your all of recipients where you want to share photo by tapping the circle next to their names or by typing their names in the ‘To’ space. Finish off by clicking Send. To view your messages in Instagram, you need to go to the tray icon at the top right of your home page.
Thank you so much for being on this post. In this post, I have shared some best Instagram Tips and tricks. Hope you have learnt new Instagram tips and you have gained your knowledge through Techkws. If you know any other tricks then do not forget to mention in the comment section. We will add in this post. If you have liked this post, then you can share this post on social media along with your friends and family. So hit the share button.