Bookmark Messages in WhatsApp: WhatsApp has introduced the new feature to bookmark important messages. Daily we are getting lots of messages, some are funny and some are really important. In short we can say daily we receive many types of messages. This new feature will help to save messages.
So WhatsApp started a start feature to mark the important messages. As we know from the huge number of messages which we daily get and send to each person, scrolling through the hundreds of messages can be a huge and tough . This feature was first introduced in Mail (Gmail/Yahoo) where you could star any important emails to be read later on or make it easier to find them.
With the Starred messages feature you can not only star messages but also star, contacts, address, videos and photos as well. The feature is available from WhatsApp versions 2.12.7 and later in iOS and Android. So if you want to get this feature make sure you have updated to the latest update.
How to get Bookmark or Star messages in WhatsApp for iPhone:
- Launch WhatApp application on your iPhone or iOS device
- Open the Friends chat in which you want to star any message, photo or video.
- Find the content which you want to star and Tap and Hold on it
- You will get a pop up giving you options like Star icon, Copy, Forward and Delete
- Tap on the Star icon and the message will be saved under the starred messages section
You can remove any particular message from being starred by following the same steps used to star the message – long press the starred message and tap on the star icon. This will remove the message form being starred.
How to Access or View the Starred / Bookmarked messages section in WhatsApp for iPhone:
The messages starred will be saved separately under each recipient’s profile and not at a single place. Go to the recipient’s profile and open it, you will find a Starred Messages option, tap on it and you can view all the messages or photos or videos starred from the persons chat.
How to Bookmark or Star messages in WhatApp for Android:
- Launch WhatApp application in your Android device
- Tap and open the chat in which you want to star any message or photo or video or contact
- Tap and Hold the particular message which you want to bookmark
- You will get the star option on top of the display alongside the delete, copy and forward icons
- Tap on the Star icon and the message will be starred automatically
To remove messages from the Bookmark or Starred list, you have to tap and hold on the particular message or photo or video, there will be the star icon appearing on the top of the screen. Tap on the star icon and you will be removing the particular message from Starred list.
How to access or View Starred / Bookmarked messages in WhatsApp for Android
To view the starred messages you have to go to the main screen in WhatsApp and tap on the three dot icon on the top right corner of the screen. From the options tap on Starred messages. Here you will find all the starred messages with the recipient’s name mentioned.
Here in this post we have learnt to bookmark messages in WhatsApp. So now you can save your important messages. As we already do this things in our gmail and other emails. So according to me it’s a good features. If you like this article please share it along with your friends.. Thank you